Large facial skin pores make our skin look old and haggard. Tight and closed pores make our skin appear soft, young, and beautiful. Everyone loves that!
Here are some easy natural tips help reduce pore size and make our skin look glowing and youthful:
1. Naturally protect skin from the sun
Prolonged sun exposure can deplete our skin collagen. When this happens our skin becomes saggy and our pores tend to open up. Use natural and non-toxic sunscreens containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. These ingredients are a safer alternative to chemical-based commercial sunscreens. Herbal oils like virgin coconut oil, olive, carrot seed oil, raspberry seed oil, and other natural oils that have sun protection factor.
2. Make sure to wash your face before bedtime
Sleeping with your makeup still on your face is a big no-no if you want a young looking complexion. Dirt clogged in our pores will cause inflammation, resulting in blemishes including larger skin pores.
3. Treat your face with a face steam at least once a week
This helps open up the pores to remove stubborn dirt, leaving your skin clean and acne free. Make sure to follow up with a cold water rinse to close up the pores afterwards.
4. Use retinol or vitamin A to increase collagen and reduce early signs of skin aging
Vitamin A retinol is one of the best remedies for skin ageing. It increases cell turnover and boost collagen production, minimizing facial lines and reducing the size of our pores. Vitamin A is also an antioxidant that keeps free radicals away, protecting our cells from damage and premature ageing.
5. Eat healthy
Eating more servings of fruits and vegetables is also another simple way of keeping a youthful glow and smooth complexion. Junk foods can cause skin inflammation, clogging up our pores. Also natural whole foods increase our collagen and other structural proteins that make our skin resilient and resistant to sagging.
One way of making sure that we get the nutrients that we need for beautiful skin is by taking a quality skin supplement. These supplements usually contain vitamin C, vitamin A and other antioxidants to help improve skin texture and quality.
6. Take advantage of some helpful ingredients in your kitchenOur kitchen is often a great source of beautifying ingredients. Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, egg whites, ice cubes, yogurt, and lemon juice are some of helpful ingredients that can help shrink our pores. With just a quick online search, you can load tons of pore-reducing recipes using these ingredients.
Also, let’s avoid overdoing any anti-ageing regimen as we may end up damaging our skin. Use natural products as much as you can. Products with natural ingredients are not just effective they also keep us healthy and away from toxic ingredients.
Have you tried any of these pore-reducing tips at home? If not, follow the above home remedies and see how they work for your skin.