We wanna wake up looking revitalized and glowing. But in a real world, stressors, pollution, UV rays, and cosmetics can get in the way of our quest for ageless beauty.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to counter these daily challenges and help restore our skin. Vitamin A is deemed to be a magic bullet for skin care. It enhances collagen production and helps fight common skin problems including acne, warts, skin discoloration, premature aging, and skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
Cell renewal happens at night while we sleep.So it is best to help the skin renew at night.
Here's an all natural recipe that helps rejuvenate our skin naturally:
Homemade Retinol Moisturizer Night Cream
- 2 tablespoons of raw, unrefined shea butter
- ½ tablespoon of fractionated organic coconut oil
Note: You may also use virgin coconut oil. Although fractionated coconut oil is less oily and doesn’t turn solid in cold temperature. it is also quick absorbing, has minimal scent, and has higher concentration of antioxidants which is exactly what our skin needs.
- 1 teaspoon of argan oil
- 1 drop of liquid vitamin A (for cell renewal and repair)
- 1 drop of your favorite essential oil (optional)
1. Mix the ingredients in a double boiler except for the liquid vitamin A (this nutrient is relatively stable when exposed to heat). Alternatively, you can use a pot. Put the ingredients in a small pot. Boil water in a larger pot. Place the smaller pot in the bigger one and so the ingredients heats from it.
2. Stir until the shea butter (or coconut oil if you’re using VCO) melts and mixes thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Remove and let it cool. Once cooled, the mixture should thicken and be ready for storage. You can place it in a clean jar and store in a cool, dry place. Apply before bedtime after cleansing your face.
Skin BenefitsShea butter - this butter contains fatty acids and other essential skin nutrients such as vitamins E and A, that help moisturize and relieve your skin from conditions like eczema, skin dryness, rashes, sunburn, and insect bites. It also has been clinically proven to rebuild sun damaged skin and cells.
Organic coconut oil - this topically sourced oil is a natural anti-aging oil. It improves antioxidant levels and can slow aging.
Argan oil - Argan oil was used extensively in Morocco as a topical oil to treat various ailments including dry skin, acne, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles, joint pain, and skin inflammation. It is high in tocopherol levels including vitamin E - a rich antioxidant and free radicals scavenging properties. Thus, argan oil is truly a highly effective skin protectant and anti-aging oil.
Retinol/retinyl palmitate - Vitamin A is a very important nutrient for the skin. It combats and prevents various skin disorders such as psoriasis, warts, premature skin aging (wrinkles/skin discoloration due to UV rays).
It is also important to take care of our skin from the inside through a healthy lifestyle and proper diet. Don’t stay under the sun unprotected, drink plenty of real fresh water, and make sure that you take your vitamins.